Friday, March 25, 2011

Fari Hadi Saga III


It was Thursday of the same week and Tina was leaving Lahore for home and I went to meet her at the terminal. She was asking how it was with Fari afterwards. And I said, “Theaik tha (it was Ok)” and then changed the subject because I was avoiding the topic but one way or other she continued to bring it up again and again. Than finally she asked me, “Have you fallen in love with my brother?” and I was so much embarrassed that I just can’t explain. I started wobbling and she took my hand in her and said, “It’s ok Yaar (buddy), I would love to have you as my brother in law.” And then we both started laughing like anything and I told her what was happening to me since I met him. I explained that it’s an amazing feeling but I was embarrassed to admit it in front of her thinking that maybe she would have apprehensions about it. And secondly, how it can happen? I mean he’s 2 years younger(and I don’t want to be sound like achild molester, although he was of legal age) than me and how can I fall for him, just like that, as it was mere fucking love at first sight, I never believed in? I had always been an adamant believer that ‘love at first sight’ is crap; it’s just ‘lust at first sight’ and now my own believe was challenged by Fari and it was hard for an egoistic person like me to accept it. I told her I’ll work on my feelings and block them all because I of the above mentioned reasons and because I was afraid, afraid of falling in love as it brings pain and deep emotional trauma I don’t want to have. Even Addy, a dear friend of mine, made me realize of my familial and social responsibilities and advised me to put myself away from him. But it was never a mathematical formula, despite of all my efforts to ignore him, i was falling for him more and more.
Than one day, after few weeks, just out of nowhere, I called him up as Gaia, my dearest friend was thusafying (this word is my invention meaning eating hard) eating water melons in front me and was asking me to call him. I was sitting on the terrace of her apartment and looking out at the tree where birds were making a lot of noise as it was about to sunset. With a throbbing heart I called him up and after usual regular talk, asked him to meet me for a dinner. Which he agreed and next day we were going out. It wasn’t a date, it was just dinning out. And as announced this news, Gaia hailed, “Yeah, finally you are on the track.” And I couldnot control my smile.

(Image Courtesy: Christa Richert)

3 comments:

  1. Frankly....love at first sight is something even i don't believe in...but lo behold...i'm reading a post on it from u...i like how cool minded Tina seemed...i think my friends would explode if i tell them i hav developed feelings for their brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv at first sight is sumthng even i dont believe in. It is more of an infatuation. But then again, luv is unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Phunk: Well i was supposed to be getting the popular vote, not TINA, lols. Yeah indeed i am blessed with the bunch of friends who loves me beyond categories. And love at first sight, well my experience is out, what can i say....

    @ Editor:Yeah love is unpredictable or maybe whatever it was, i am just writing down what i felt at that moment.

    ReplyDelete