Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fari Hadi Saga IV


It was a May Wednesday and I was extremely excited about it as it’s going to be my first ever (and last one off course) ‘one sided date’. I want everything to be perfect, no glitches anywhere. He chose the restaurant and he was there even before the time and I was like “Look! who’s more excited here?” I was wearing stripped light blue shirt, (which I still have) and blue jeans (which I don’t have now) and I was feeling comfortable in them. Gaia had advised me not to wear brand new clothes to impress him because they wouldn’t be as much comfortable as the regular ones would be (although my undies were brand new, lols). As I reached that restaurant, he was standing outside. As I saw him and smiled he said, “You are looking…”
I was like, “Yes, yes tell me how much hot I am looking and you are madly in love with me.”
I asked temptingly, “What?”
“You are looking so disproportionate.”
“What?? Disproportionate?? Nobody has told me this before. People do call me a fat ass but never disproportionate.”
“Have you gained weight or was it’s your jacket last time hiding all this?”
“Now, that’s rude.” I thought but I don’t want to spoil the rest of the date so I took that in good spirits and said, “May be, but thank you so very much for such a unique comment.”
And he started laughing and we went inside. As I sat down, I don’t know why, but I started acting weird. I mean I just couldn’t see into his face directly and started looking into the wall picture above his head. Then my fine motor movement started showing disruptions, my hands declined their griping skills. I dropped my spoon, then folk and finally my cell, I was having tremors. Literally I was shaking like a juicer blender, although my juice was yet to come.
He noticed all that and said, “Aik he dafa sub kuch gira do.” (Why not you drop everything in a single go) and I apologetically replied, “I don’t know what’s happening to me, I am not like that, you know. I am not as clumsy as I am looking to you right now.” He laughed gingerly; he was actually enjoying my stupidity and clumsiness and ordered a cheese nan (desi bread) and I quite innocently asked, “Cheese nan bhi hota hai kya?” (Don’t tell me, is there something like cheese nan). Now I got why Gaia at times call me Kaddu (literally means a Pumpkin, but here it means a simpleton person). Once again he started laughing and I was feeling stupid, but still it was fun, I was never annoyed during all this. I ordered a soft drink and took few pieces of that extremely salty nan from his plate. It was so cute to have nan from a his platter, from same platter, it was so romantic and touching. Then we started talking and talking and at one point I was telling him about my depression phase, (basically it was a coming out time, but I didn’t mention my orientation, I talked about how painful I was feeling) and I was giving details of my feelings, my relationship with God and how it was affecting me and as I looked into his face, for a moment, I saw tears in his eyes. And I asked, “Kya hua (What happened)???? Are you crying?”
“No, I am not, you please continue.”
I extended my right hand to his left eye and picked a tear on it and asked, “To phir yeh kya hai?”
He smiled and said, “Forget it, complete your story.”
That was the second moment when I fell for him. He had tears for me, oh Lord, I want to cry and laugh at the same time. It was quite an emotional moment; I hold his hand, didn’t inquire further and continued with my story. We ordered a meal afterwards which we shared, once again from a single platter, making it yummier. On our way back, before getting into a rickshaw (a three wheeler vehicle) he asked, “Can you handle every personal thing?”
“Yes, I can.”
“Okay than brace yourself for the next time.” He said with his signature smile and got in the rickshaw and went away while leaving me behind drenched in his love.

4 comments:

  1. 'Literally I was shaking like a juicer blender, although my juice was yet to come." => My dirty neurons are lit up like the 4th of July! :p

    Drenched in his love and then the tear...would u believe me if i told u i can't recall the last time i smiled so widely while reading a blog?! :D

    It's touching wen someone feels ur story as much u do....it really is...and yeah..the "Kaddu" was uber-cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i am getting embarrased with all your praises and appreciation :) Thank you so much Phunk. I am feeling really good that you got a smiling face, i am imagining your "suit it up" face hahahahaha and its lovely and beaming like anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "although my undies were brand new" I laughed out loud when I read that line
    "It was so cute to have nan from a his platter, from same platter" haayeeee... mar jawan main.

    Aaage kya hua.. jaldi batao.. yun na tadpao

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Editor: Dheeraj rakho jani, sub kuch pata chal jaye ga :)

    ReplyDelete