Monday, March 21, 2011

Another Reason to Hate Winters


It’s been the longest breaks I had taken from writing. The year kicked off with a low mood. I got a fever and was recovering from it, than one of my good friends wasn’t in town and I was missing her desperately while the other one I had a row and so I was lonely and agitated. And then I experienced the chilliest January of my life which was so much offensive that it drove me nuts literally. Oh man! I just can’t tell how much I despise winters; they just put me into an exceptionally impotent and bleak phase.
And then the writer’s block of mine which I guess got activated with the approaching of winters (thus winters sucks again). Whenever I felt like writing down some idea, it just got dissolved while leaving me behind clueless. So, every time I end up in my bed, alone, wrapped in the legendary quilt my nanni (Maternal grandmother) gave to my mom at her wedding and mind you it came into use just recently.
I always feel cold no matter what I do, never want to leave my bed, can’t dare to put my hands in water and with all the Gas Load Shedding crisis going on with no hot water in geezer, i felt like stinking and dirty and thus guilty (I managed this by taking shower anywhere I can find hot water and you will not believe at how many places I have done that). Than it also reminds me of a guy I dated once who used to love winters and pay his homage to it by saying the praise “Mighty Winters” mostly to irritate me I guess. So whenever I was abusing the season, I just remember his sentence while adding more tragedy to my life. And moreover, during these winters I realized another thing, I lost my libido. And this realization popped up during a conversation I was having with a bunch of folks where we were talking about our not so perfect lives. Most of the people in attendance were saying that winters make them more snuggly, intimate and fuels their sex drives and I was like hmmmmmm ok! but opposite is true for me. A friend of mine than joked around that when it was activated by the way Hadi? And I wasn’t happy about it. So, this season I got to know another thing about me or another reason to hate winters. Thanks God Summers are approaching, and I am writing this post after a very long time so this means I can swing around and do stuff.

(Courtesy Image: Mupsu)

1 comment:

  1. In Karachi...we nvr really get the real taste of winter...so I yearn for them...desperately...i'm too one of those crazy ppl that get more hyper in the cold weather...hehehe...don't hate me!

    ReplyDelete