Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fari Hadi Saga I



Tina was going to meet me very first time since I came out to her. For the past few years she has been a great friend of mine but I was always reluctant to tell her about myself because I was insecure, thinking that she might leave or abandoned me. But I was tired, tired of acting what I wasn’t actually, tired of pretending somebody I am not like. It’s so painful to be hidden. So, as I came out to myself and finally become comfortable about my sexual orientation I just told her.
So, that year when she called me up to wish me New Year, I don’t know how it popped up in my head because I wasn’t planning to come out to her at phone but it just happened and I couldn’t resist. After hearing me she said quite normally, “I have known this for years.” And I became surprised and said, “Seriously, was it so obvious.” And she said, “No it wasn’t, especially and a dull person like can’t get her hands on anything but somehow I knew it.” I became more interested now, even forgetting my zinger burger with cheese (yummy) and the whole bunch of people around me in the café.
Nahin(NO)! But there must be something, some signs, my expressions, walking, talking, and gestures, anything which had made think you so.”
“May be but I never scrutinize your behavior that way.”
“But how come you think I was gay then? Don’t say you had turned out to be a clairvoyant because I am not going to buy this and moreover my sixth sense is better than you and I am feeling that there’s something you aren’t telling me.” “You are such a dog Hadi” she said while giggling, “that’s the problem with old friends, they know when you are lying even if you are claiming otherwise. Ok! You caught me Hadi.”
There was a pause, a brief one, but it seemed ages to me, I was terribly excited to know what was coming out of her mouth. “You remember, I have been saying that you are like Fari(her brother) a lot?”
“Hmmmmmm”
“I guess he’s gay too.”
“WHAT????” I shouted at the highest pitch of my voice and then realized that there are respected families sitting around me.
“How can you say that?” I intoned.
“Because he has been so different from the rest of us, and we all have been talking about this since ages and you are also different so I just added two in two and made four. And now, as you have finally come out so I am thinking that he must be gay. You remember, once you said that you have gaydars, do they still work?”
“Yeah” I said in a kind of mediating manner.
“Okay I am coming this weekend and I ‘ll ask Fari to join us so that you can apply your gaydars on him.”
“Hmmm, ok, but I am not sure about it, waisay(by the way)” I said in partial disbelief of my latent talent. “But let’s see.”

(Photo Courtesy: Lucasbite)

4 comments:

  1. Employ the use of ur gaydar?!

    LOL!

    Sounds like ur some sorta superhero or rocket scientist and ur needed to crack this code or find some villain's weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.. am so eager to know the second part.. what did ur gaydar say?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Editor :). You will know in next post.

    ReplyDelete