Friday, July 2, 2010

I Still Love You


“We can’t be together”
You said while sitting on that old wooden bench,
under that lonely tree
which looked so wistful that day
when we met for the last time.
You were ending up everything
and I was starting
hoarding everything down
in to the depths of my heart
which was aching so wistfully,
that day on that old wooden bench
under that lonely tree.
I hated when you reasoned with circumstances
But I was unable to fight with them.
I hated when you planned to leave
But I couldn’t wish you bad luck.
I hated when you paid farewell prayers
Because I couldn’t find “us” in them.
I hated when you were untying with me
Because I couldn’t help falling for you.
I hated you for everything you said
that day when we met for the last time,
on that wooden bench,
under that lonely tree.
But I couldn’t change it then.
And I can’t change it now.
I have been hating you for all these years now,
And while, sitting at that same wooden bench,
under that same lonely tree
I am still thinking of you
I know, down in my heart
That I still own you
That I still love you

(This poem has been published in June 2010 issue of Gaylaxy magazine)

Photo Courtesy: Ivan Prole

1 comment: